Monday, November 14, 2011

My heart is filled with songs of Forever

 This is an old post that I wrote on the City, but I thought it was a nice one to start with.
“The idea which shuts out the Second Coming from our minds, the idea of the world slowly ripening to perfection, is a myth.” –C.S. Lewis

When I used to think of the Second Coming of Christ, my heart used to quake. I would shudder with fear. I would think in my heart, “No. I want to live. I want to be married, and have children, and live!”
But now, even though I still want those things, I don’t feel frightened. I think I’m gaining some maturity in understanding peace with God’s will. If it is God’s will to return before I, self-centered human, have the life I decided I deserve, then so be it. But I also know that the dreams that I have for my life are good, and God-given. But if the Lord came before then, I would be all right with that, because I so look forward to Heaven. It’s going to be awesome. And if God wanted my life for His glory, I’m willing to lay that down too. I can’t wait for the veil to be lifted and to be face to face with my Creator; where there will be no more tears, pain, or death anymore!

“My heart is filled with songs of forever. A city that endures, where all is made new. I know I don’t belong here. I’ll never call this place a home, I’m just passing through.”      –"In Exile" by Thrice

No comments:

Post a Comment